Re: [Swprograms] Listening To Internet

Well, I am the odd-man out here, because I only listen when I listen.
I do nothing else when I am listening--no reading, no computer stuff,
no other work of any kind.

The only exception to that is walking.

Like Rich, I too record programmes for later use, for times when I can
fully focus on what I am hearing. Otherwise, it is a waste, as I miss
too much (like Will implied).

I record almost all that I listen to, because:

1) My schedule will not allow me to listen to a show at the particular
time it is broadcast "live". or

2) To allow me to listen to them while out walking in the park. (When
that happens, I focus more on listening than on seeing what's around
me. A bit of a waste, mind you, but at least I am getting some
exercise while listening.)

When listening at home, I go off to a quiet part of the abode, and let
family know that I am not to be disturbed. (I'm disturbed enough as it
is.  :-)  Phone calls go unanswered (that's why we have an answering
machine, after all).

Some (many?) might be able to multi-task while listening, and pull it
off, but not me. Besides, I'm greedy enough to want to hear
*everything* that is broadcast.

73,
pb