Re: [Swprograms] Any updates to BBCWS daytime listening frequencies?

Re: [Swprograms] Any updates to BBCWS daytime listening frequencies?

Ever since the schedule change, I'd been trying to listen to the
weekday-morning
(1405 UT) BBC science programs on 17640 or 15565 kHz here in Missouri.
It was very variable in reception quality, and then a few months ago
reception
on those dropped to unusable. However, in recent weeks it has improved
markedly. 17640 is the better of the two. This is really for only the one
hour 1400-1500 UT until a US SWBC comes on 17640.

The 2205 UT broadcasts on 15400 kHz are often hearable, but that's 5 PM
here and there are other things going on at that time (especially gh's
World of Radio on Wednesdays! :-).

I DO usually get usable reception earlier in the morning on the several
americas
frequencies, but the programming on then isn't that worthwhile to me,
unless there is some important news event like the tube bombings.

Here in St. Louis, we DO have an FM relay of the BBC overnight on KWMU-FM
from 11 PM- 5 AM, with some (but not all :-() of the science programs at 2
AM,
but that is a difficult time for me to be awake. If it was an hour later,
I'd be far
more likely to be awake, having gotten up to hit the can (typical old-guy
sleep pattern... :-).

73, Will