Re: [Swprograms] Any updates to BBCWS daytime listening frequencies

Read on...

----- Original Message -----
From: Daniel Say <say@xxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, July 21, 2005 3:41 pm
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] Any updates to BBCWS daytime listening
frequencies

> > My own experiences say that the frequencies targeting Central
> America
> > fare better in my area of North America (the northeast) than
> those
> > aimed at South America.
>
> 	And the BBC does broadcast in Spanish quite well for several
> 	hours--try those frequencies

This is true!  Just over the past week or so, I too have discovered
(accidentally by just tuning around that BBC Servicio Latinoamericano
puts a pretty good signal on a couple of frequencies to North
America.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/spanish/tuning_in/default.stm
has frequency and time information.

Also BBC Mundo is a 24/7 service in Spanish on Sirius Satellite
Radio.  News programs predominate during the week; music predominates
on the weekend.

Furthermore, although the BBC web site makes no mention of this, I
distinctly heard a Portuguese language broadcast from at least 0230-
0300 UT on 9515 kHz. before that frequency turned over to a Spanish
broadcast at 0300.

> > The morning broadcasts are just about useless
> > on a portable.  I need to use my R8B and sloper to get anything
> > listenable at that time.  My nighttime listening experiences
> coincide
> > with Kevin's.
> >
> 	Asian sources (Singapore, Thailand?)

Nothing from there suitable for eastern North America.  No doubt 9740
still works for some on the west coast...