Re: [Swprograms] What do you listen to from America's "non-public" SW broadcasters?

Richard Cuff wrote:

> I am working on my August NASWA Journal column, and I'd like to
> mention programming suggestions on America's SW broadcasters.

Before I moved to Calgary, I enjoyed listening to Radio Six International from
WBCQ on 5105 kHz on my days off from work. I really liked the wide, eclectic
range of music played. Sadly, that frequency doesn't make it out here at all,
from what I can tell.
RADIO SIX INT'L <http://www.radiosix.com/>
Something else on WBCQ that I used to listen to was the "American Viewpoint"
block on Sunday evening from 6 to 7 p.m. ET. on 7415 kHz. Two programs were
slotted there: Making Contact and Counterspin. These programs are blatantly
left-of-centre and are certainly a good mind jog, whether you agree with the
message or not. I haven't tried to catch this block since I moved, and I don't
think propagation is on my side.
COUNTERSPIN <http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=5>
MAKING CONTACT <http://www.radioproject.org/>
Of course, there is the DX-block on WWCR 5070 kHz from 0200-0400 UTC on Sunday.
(No need to explain why I listen, I suppose!) At present, that frequency is no
good here until well into Radio Weather, and even then it's barely listenable.

Ricky Leong
Calgary, Alta.
(ex-Montreal)

--