[Swprograms] Trouble getting online audio from BBC WorldService

[Swprograms] Trouble getting online audio from BBC WorldService

There is nothing like a tragedy to show how quickly the Internet
services can be deluged.  I've been trying for awhile now at
work to pull up the Internet audio feeds from the BBC
Worldservice, with messages of service down for maintenance or
due to capacity.  Access to the online news sites of the BBC are
also moving very, very slow.

Unfortunately shortwave reception is not possible for me at
work, as I work in a stone building that is hard on all but
local MW and FM stations.

Kevin Anderson
Dubuque, Iowa

--