From: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
jfiglio1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:08 AM
To: Richard Cuff; Shortwave programming discussion
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] OT: Fox News competes for international
viewers

Well, trying to put the best spin on this as is possible, I note that
(at least IMHO) CNN International is a far superior and more
informative service than its domestic US version.  Murdoch is a pretty
savvy businessman.  He probably will think twice before trying to
proffer the same kind of content Fox offers to domestic US (and now
Canadian) consumers to a likely less docile and receptive
international audience.

Maybe someone on the list familiar with Sky News would be kind enough
to offer an evaluation of Sky and a comparison, for example, between
Sky and the BBC.

John Figliozzi
...anticipating the CRTC decision on satellite radio 24 hours from now.