Re: [Swprograms] USA DRM group meeting report

Re: [Swprograms] USA DRM group meeting report

If they don't start building receivers, the whole DRM experiment is a waste
of tme and money.
There are probably less than 1% of the listeners using computers and
modified radios to hear the tests.  If anyone thinks that will grow, I have
my doubts.  Obvously the manufacturers are havimg design problems, or cost
factors.  Anyone that has tried to get a DRM setup going, knows what its
like.  Prime example was at the winterfest.  After a bit of work they
finally got it to work using a computer and a modfied RX320.  Reception was
touch and go.  I have tried several times and finally managed about 30
minutes reception of DW in DRM format.  I never tried again.  Not for me.

This report must be a little old as Ralph did not make it to last years Fest
but he did the year before.

Being distributing editor for NASWA, I can tell you  that Ralph once sent in
DRM logs and I think Mark Fine did once. None so far this year.

Bob Montgomery