Re: [Swprograms] A This Is London email from Richard Cuff

Re: [Swprograms] A This Is London email from Richard Cuff

In a very real sense, the BBC is treating its employees with the same
disdain it treats its listeners. (If you doubt this, just become a
regular listener to the Write On program.)  It's not a winning
attitude, though I guess one could say it's at least consistent.  In
jest, I used to suggest that the BBC's "new" management (i.e.:
experience gained all or mostly in the commercial realm with little or
no experience with public service broadcasting) was actually in the
nature of a Trojan horse.  That is, sent by the commercial sector to
destroy the public sector.  I still say it; but now not so much in
jest...

John Figliozzi