Re: [Swprograms] BBC FOOC Segment

One way that the USA's NPR, Radio Netherlands' , and Radio Australia's
"Asia Pacific" websites outshine the BBC website is the availability
of individual stories after their initial airing.  There are
"featurettes" in NewsHour and World Today that ought to be kept
available as reference / background features for later use.  Archives
are available for Radio 4's "Crossing Continents" that go way back,
but I agree this should be a capability of the FooC website as well.

Radio Netherlands' Jonathan Marks felt strongly that the capability to
find relevant audio programming while doing a subject-oriented search
should be a key component of radio broadcasters' websites.

Keep the pressure on 'em -- this would help them make the BBC News
website more useful.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA