Re: [Swprograms] What Your Home Page or Starting Portal (Is It a Radio Page)?

Re: [Swprograms] What Your Home Page or Starting Portal (Is It a Radio Page)?

Mine is Google, primarily because it loads instantly and is
intrinsically useful.  I have several links that I can then jump to
after loading Google; these include BBC News RSS-fed headlines as
"live bookmarks", Google News, the Wall Street Journal, the NY Times,
Google Desktop Search, and Timeanddate, a web tool I use to schedule
business calls & meetings in multiple time zones.

I've been following Murdoch's writings -- especially about the
challenges facing newspapers, which are parallel to (but different
from) the challenges facing radio stations.

The concept of "digital natives" vs. "digital immigrants" is an
interesting way to look at that.

I consider myself a "digital native" even though I am on the high side
of 40, in part because I have used e-mail since "The Source" and my
employer's VAX-based R&D computing environment of 1985 or so.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA