Re: [Swprograms] [dxld] BBC T.P. Pope Special imminent

Re: [Swprograms] [dxld] BBC T.P. Pope Special imminent

The first promo I heard was at 1259 on 11865, but the going-off Guiana French
relay was masked by overlapping much stronger open carrier from the going-on
WYFR and I could not get all the details. Quickly switched to 15190 which was
also making a site switch from Bonaire to Guiana French, but the latter failed
to modulate at 1300 and soon went off, not back on with full strength until
about 1314. The next promo I heard was at 1359 on 15190 just before it
vanished. After 1430 I was listening to the Americas webstream for Charlie
Gillett and that is where I heard the 1459 promo.

All that said, I had far more important things to do at 1530 than listen to
what Joe Blow BBC listener thinks of the sixteenth Ben.

As for timezones, besides the confusion between ST and DST, I strongly object
to the Great Center of the Continent being forced to convert from Eastern (or
Pacific). We`ve got four timezones in the Conterminous US, and if GMT/UT won`t
do even for the BBC, promos using ALL our zones should be rotated so everyone
has a chance to convert (and a sesquihour later in Newfoundland). I lived a
number of years in the ET zone, and felt the same. It`s just not fair on the
part of BBC or American networks to force ET on the rest of us (who are, after
all, the majority). Glenn