[Swprograms] VOR: What's New

OUR HOMELAND

The upcoming edition of OUR HOMELAND ? on the air from Monday, April
18 ? will be dedicated to the personality of the Saint Czar Nicholas
II, the last Russian Czar. The author of the story is Father Artemy of
the Moscow Theological Academy.
OUR HOMELAND is on the air at 0830 and 1930 UTC on Mondays with repeats
throughout the week. Our program schedule can be found at:
http://www.vor.ru/ep.html We wish you all good listening.

* * *

Dear Sir/Madam,
In 2005 the world marks the 60th anniversary of the Anti-Hitler
Coalition countries' Victory in the Second World War. The war against
the "Nazi plague" was the greatest tragedy of the 20th century, with
dozens of millions of people having fallen victim to it. The war, the
fiercest one in war history, called into question the very existence of
humanity. "That was the war to end all wars", wrote a listener in
California George Poppin, a Second World War veteran. We would be
interested to know your opinion, too.
The Voice of Russia World Service would be grateful, if you answered the
following questions of our V-Day survey:
1. What do you think provoked the Second World War?
2. What battles would you describe as the key battles?
3. Who do you think were the most prominent military leaders of the
Second World War and why?
4. What do you know about the war that the Soviet Union fought against
Nazi Germany? What was the Soviet Union's contribution to defeating
Nazism?
5. Why is it important specifically today to remember and discuss the
lessons taught by that war? Do you think a Nazi revival is a possibility
today?
6. Do you think the mass media gives sufficient coverage to the Second
World War, in general, and to fighting on the Eastern Front, in
particular?
Please, send in your letters with the "Second World War" mark to: the
Voice of Russia World Service, Moscow, Russia, or E-mail your answers
to: world@xxxxxx We'll accept your messages until September 1, 2005.
The most interesting answers will be included in our broadcasts and
posted on the World Service web site.
Thank you for your cooperation.

  Copyright © 2003 The Voice of Russia