Re: [Swprograms] FW: World Service Feedback

Re: [Swprograms] FW: World Service Feedback

The official reason given by Drake was a lack of replacement parts (no
longer available) that would require them to significantly redesign the
receiver.  Of course, their unwillingness to do so could be seen as
confirmation of what you say, but as we said I'd be more convinced if
we could see the sales figures of Sangean, eton, Kaito, Degen, etc. who
actually cater to the kind of listener we're really talking about.

Remember, too, that the R8 series began about 15 years ago.  That's a
long time for one design.  About the only one I can think of that was
longer was the Sony 2010.

jaf