From: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Cuff
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 5:08 AM
To: Shortwave programming discussion
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] Sanford Unger on the VOA's Status

The 648 kHz coverage is for most of the day, IIRC.

The WS about 2 years ago commissioned focus group participation from
the UK.  I volunteered to participate but they wouldn't pick up the
plane fare.

The average Brit is much more aware and appreciative of the WS than
the average American is of the VOA, I'd surmise.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

On Mar 31, 2005 11:53 PM, John Figliozzi <jfiglio1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not so sure about that, Scott.  The WS is carried overnight
> domestically by Radio 4 and 648 kHz. MW (main WS MW frequency for
> northwest Europe) is well heard throughout much of the British Isles.
shown above.