[Swprograms] Re: Oh No -- even USA Today has jumped on the "podcasting" bandwagon

[Swprograms] Re: Oh No -- even USA Today has jumped on the "podcasting" bandwagon

Your are right!  Most of the home grown podcasting programs absolutely stinks.  Some of it reminds me of an audioable version of Geocities webpages. A hodgepodge of junk thrown together is a mixture of confusion and worthless garbage filled in with profanity, alot of ahhh and oooohhhs.  I have sampled enough of it to realize that this is not going to be the next big thing unless quality broadcasters jump on board.  Many of the quality programs I have found do not offer RSS feeds that the podcasting programs like ipodder use.  Most of the MP3 listening I have been doing has been DX programs posted by Alex Draper and amateur radio programs (ARRL, WIAN, ARN, etc) as well as old time radio programs and famous speeches.

The bottom line with podcasting is if you're a news junkie (world news stuff)... it's old news by the time you hear it.  Real old fashioned knob twisting radio still works!

Ulis