[Swprograms] Re: DX Listening Digest 5-024; WOR 1262

[Swprograms] Re: DX Listening Digest 5-024; WOR 1262

Quoting John Figliozzi musing regarding LeSea and Stephen Sumrall:

"Sounds to me like just another corporation having its management/
ownership problems. Hmmm, wonder if money has anything to do with it?
(John Figliozzi, Halfmoon, NY, dxldyg via DX LISTENING DIGEST)"

Generally money isn't the issue with tiffs like this -- these tend to be
personality clashes related to succession planning.  Papa Sumrall & the boys
might not have sorted this all out before Lester bought the farm.

Just like with big companies -- egos tend to get quite big in these large
ministries.  These folks become legends in their own minds.  There are many,
many examples -- see Bakker, Jim... Swaggart, Jimmy...for a couple examples.

Unfortunately if the congregation splinters up, it loses critical mass that
is required for expensive activities like satellite TV/radio services.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA