[Swprograms] Re: More RCI problems

** CANADA. Glenn: I tuned in to RCI's English to NAm broadcast at about 2010 UT
[15180] and have heard nothing but pop music with no announcements. There was
no ID or news at TOH 2100. Tapestry and Cross Country Checkup are the scheduled
programs. Studio problems?

[Later:] Glenn: Recheck at 2206, open carrier on 15180 kHz. I checked the DRM
signal on 9800 - good signal but no audio until it suddenly came on 2214.
Interestingly, audio on 15,180 came on at the same time - parallel (but
slightly ahead of ) to 9800. I went to
http://www.drm.org/livebroadcast/globfieldtrial.htm to check for the DRM
schedule, but the 9800 broadcasts are not listed - deleted due to placement of
the special broadcasts to Mexico? Anyway, The RCI schedule page shows that the
RCI DRM segment is 2200 to 2300. Curious, no? (Alan Johnson, N4LUS/7, NV, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

Alan, The second hour of Sunday Edition (1500+) had frequent audio drop-offs. A
very interesting interview about Turkish genocide (or was it?) of the Armenians
in 1915y. Must be a satellite (or whatever) feed problem (Glenn, DXLD)

Glenn: For almost 2 hours now on 6175 KHz I am getting a good signal of music,
English, kind of a pop, eclectic, not very familiar. No
interruptions of any kind at top or bottom of hour. I haven't listened to this
frequency at this time much at all recently so don't know if this is irregular.
The two hours in question is 0230 until 0430 and it is still on, although I may
quit listening soon. Monitoring Times (and thanks for your work there and the
soon to be email only Canadian DX Club Messenger) shows Voice of Vietnam at
6175 from 0200 to 0245 with a North American stream. Not tonight, I don't think
(Andy Ooms, Pine, AZ, UT Feb 7, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Andy, RCI must have big problems losing its feed to Sackville. Don`t they have
a backup?? They were cutting out this morning with CBC relay, and this
afternoon someone heard nothing but music fill too on 15180, supposed to be
Cross Country Checkup from CBC. 73, (Glenn to Andy, via DXLD)

** CANADA. Making my usual check for XEPPM 6185, UT Feb 7 at 0640, I was
distressed to find CRI via Sackville in English on 6190! This is supposed to be
on 6115 at that hour, so I tuned down there, and sure enough, nothing on 6115;
tuned down to 6000 (Cuba with jazz there and 6060), and by the time I got back
up to 6115 at 0641, CRI was there, and off 6190! Apparently Sackville had just
corrected the error (XEPPM held up for a few minutes until about 0650 when
Brasil came on and overtook). What in the world is going on at RCI
Montreal/Sackville? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)