[Swprograms] VOA Program Guide

The VOA Program Guide for the B04 season has been put up on the VOA News web site in pdf form.  Go to http://www.voanews.com/english/About/ProgramGuide.cfm

Haven't studied it intently yet, but it is clear that VOA Worldwide is now a bit of a misnomer.  VOA News Now has separate services somewhat tailored to East Asia, South Asia and Africa.  There are some new programs; some programs have been dropped; others have been moved.  There is the appearance of a 24 hour VOA English schedule, but this is made possible only with significant additions of VOA Music Mix programming.  There is also at least a presence of VOA English on shortwave 24 hours a day.  To me, the service as a whole appears noticeably thinner and, listening to it as I have for the past few weeks, sadly it sounds much thinner as well. Less variety, more repeating, less substantive and authoritative. I'm sure they're doing the best they can, but it's apparent that they're not getting much help.

John Figliozzi
Halfmoon, NY