[Swprograms] WYFR and Frances Aftermath; WRMI

[Swprograms] WYFR and Frances Aftermath; WRMI

** U S A. WRMI, 15725, Tue Sept 7 at 1400 noted going from WRN with RTE to CMN.
The WRMI ID on the hour was mixed with CMN commercial for Apocalypse
Chronicles. Before Frances, WRMI was carrying WRN weekdays until 1600 (Glenn
Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Glenn: I think this is a temporary make-good situation (CMN/WRN). I haven't
heard anything about WYFR, but I'll check it out right away. We're slowly
getting back to normal. I hope we can be on all night tonight (Jeff White,
WRMI, Sept 7, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. Glenn: Here's the report from Dan Elyea of WYFR in Okeechobee:

"Extensive damage to the building. Moderate damage in the field. Power
is still out. When power is restored, we anticipate being able to bring up
about half of the systems. Within another two weeks, we hope to have the rest
restored. But repairs will take months before the building is back to rights.
Lost a good part of the roof, and water damage ruined many ceilings and walls."

"One of our techs rigged up a way to get on the Internet (using generator
power)." (Jeff White, FL, Sept 7, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WYFR and Frances aftermath

Hello Glenn, I am writing to you on behalf of Dan Elyea, who is without e-mail
at the moment (or power, gas, telephone, etc.) I have power at my house and
computer capability. Yes, everyone is OK.

WYFR had part of the roof come off, which caused extensive water damage in the
office area. We lost ceilings, had standing water, and an overall real mess. It
looks like the transmitters are OK, but there are some transmission lines down
and antenna switch platforms in need of repair.

As of now, we have no idea when the power will be restored. When we do get
power, we will be only partly up, and possibly fully restored 2 weeks after
that.

So now we're keeping an eye on "Ivan the terrible." Hopefully, this next
hurricane will bypass us -- this is getting really old!!

No, Dan doesn't know where [BBC] 11835 at 0000-0300 was moved to.
Sincerely, (Evelyn Marcy, WYFR Okeechobee, Sept 7, DX LISTENING DIGEST)