Re: [Swprograms] AIH surprise

> A familiar, distinctive voice was on CBC co-hosting As It Happens with
> Barbara Budd. I waited until the 7 p.m. ET break to confirm my guess: It
> was the BBC's Lise Doucet (sp?). I'm sure someone with an analog receiver
> tuning past 5960 and 5975 about 2300 UTC would have had trouble making sure
> what station they were listening to...
> 73s,
> Ricky Leong
> Montreal

	Lyse Doucet

	Acadian, so the Grand Fete de l'Acadie may be
	another reason she was back.

  Good on the CBC to bring her back for a short while.  I see that
she is still doing the BBC World Service apposition style to
inform the listeners who the characters are.

  In England, she does the BBC Newshour and has been on 'local'
Radio 2 (?) this year
  Linkname: BBC Newshour
   Lyse Doucet has been a foreign correspondent for the BBC for
the past 20 years. Most recently she reported from Amman, Jordan
and Iraq during the war of 2003.
...Born in New Brunswick, eastern Canada, Lyse has a Master's
Degree in International Relations from the University of Toronto
and a BA Honours Degree from Queen's University at Kingston. She
also holds an honorary doctorate in Civil Law from King's
University in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

---------
   Linkname: Save the BBC World Service in North America
and the Pacific!
- Interview Transcript http://www.savebbc.org/newshour-transcript.html

and a comparison of Doucet and Banfield in the Air Canada flight
magazine at:
  Linkname: enRoute
or in Canada's other language and that of Montreal...
   Linkname: FRANGAIS
   http://www.enroutemag.com/f/archives/septembre02/archives01.html