Re: [Swprograms] ABC/RA cave to Olympix

The Ausies aren't the only ones guilty of this crime.  I switched on my
computer this afternoon having got home just after 16:00 UTC, hoping to hear
the programme Next on the CBC Pacific Stream at 16:30.  However, instead I
found a message indicating that webcasts were suspended for the duration of
the Games, only to resume on 30 August.  This means that, unless this
programme airs on SW, I will be forced to miss the next 3 editions of both
Next on CBC and the ABC Science Show on Radio Australia.  This is a great
shame, as I have particularly found Next very enjoyable.  I also missed the
first edition of the programme, and unfortunately there does not appear to
be a chance to listen to these programmes on demand.

Thankfully, my other favourite CBC programme, Quirks & Quarks, is currently
on hiatus so they will not suffer directly from these restrictions.
PAUL DAVID,
Wembley Park, United Kingdom