[Swprograms] CBC Summer line-up

Undoubtedly, some of these shows may end up on RCI.
Cheers,
Ricky Leong
Montreal
==========
http://www3.cbc.ca/sections/newsitem_redux.asp?ID=3498

SUMMER WAVES CBC RADIO LAUNCHES EXCITING SUMMER SCHEDULE JUNE 28, 2004

Join CBC Radio as we launch a vibrant summer schedule for both CBC Radio One and CBC Radio Two that brings you an exhilarating array of new programming. The summer schedule begins June 28.

In total, 19 new shows will debut, in conjunction with the best of our regular season. These programs have been created to entertain Canadians and connect them with what's going on across the country this summer. Most of the new shows are the outcome of CBC Radio's ongoing commitment to a program development process that underscores our promise to reflect all Canadians across the country in the way we create new programming.

Summer programming highlights include:

· Bunny Watson, a new Saturday morning show from Vancouver in which the world is Bill Richardson's library, and features Richardson finding interesting connections through books, movies and music;
· Wiretap, a show from Montreal that features Jonathan Goldstein exploring interesting themes and ideas through the intimacy and immediacy of phone calls;
· Sweet Justice, a Halifax program that takes an innovative approach to exploring the legal issues that make you roll your eyes as you read your morning paper; and
· Jian Ghomeshi hosts 50 Tracks, a show that sorts through the thousands of CDs released every year to build a list of the essential songs of the 20th century.

To help capture the flavour of Canada in the summer, the schedule includes The Circuit: Your Summer Festival Pass, an Edmonton-based show with Peter Brown that features the best performances from summer festivals across the country. We are also pleased to debut Sunny Days (and Nights), created by the team that brought you CBC Radio's cult classic The Great Eastern. It's an all-new foray into subtle humour, mind-bending satire and big laughs as they chronicle the summertime antics of Canucks in cottage country.