Re: [Swprograms] BBC WS FALLS SILENT

>BBC World Service experienced a very lengthy transmission break on all known
>frequencies between about 0305 and 0330 or so UTC on 17 June.  This also
>affected Radio 4, Radio Wales and Radio Ulster.  Around 0315 UTC Radio 4,
>along with Radio Ulster, switched to an emergency backup programme of music
>and other programming, which included an edition of "Mapping the Town" about
>Saltaire, near Bradford.

I heard this.  I was listening to a BBC broadcast to North America (!) on 11955 kHz DRM via Sackville when the audio went out.  I think it was a little later than 0305, more like 0320, and the break lasted until the transmission ended at 0359.  The World Service (or maybe it was PRI, whose feed is used to provide the audio for BBC's North American service) filled by playing music from some compilation CDs put together by Charlie Gillett.  I have one of those CDs, so I recognized that.  I didn't mind the break in programming, because I liked the music. :-)

--
Ralph Brandi               http://www.brandi.org/

There Is No Cat, a blog about any old thing: http://www.thereisnocat.com/
Geneablogy, a blog about my ancestors: http://www.brandi.org/geneablogy/