[Swprograms] Quirks & Quarks This Weekend

[Swprograms] Quirks & Quarks This Weekend

Hello

This week on Quirks & Quarks we take a look at:

"Life in the Lava".

Where did life on Earth begin? And when?  A team of Canadian
researchers might have brought us closer to the answer, with the oldest
evidence of life seen to date. And it appears that the earliest life
forms on this planet survived on a diet of rocks. 3.5 billion years
ago, they say, microbes were boring and munching their way through lava
rocks on the ocean floor. We'll look at the hard evidence.

Plus - how to make a mouse with no daddy ...

All this and more on Quirks & Quarks, Saturday right after the noon
news on Radio One.

Bob McDonald
____

Quirks & Quarks, CBC Radio One