[Swprograms] Quirks & Quarks April 3, 2004

[Swprograms] Quirks & Quarks April 3, 2004

Hello,

This Week on Quirks & Quarks our feature item is:

"Post-mortems under the knife."

One of the corner stones of modern medicine has suffered a slow but
steady decline in the last few decades. The autopsy - a procedure that
has given us answers to everything from how the heart works to what
cancer looks like - has come close to drawing its last breath. In fact,
the number of routine autopsies performed on people who die in
hospitals has fallen from about 50% to only 5% since the 1960's. But why has the autopsy gone so out of fashion? And why do we still need them?

Plus - riding the dark-matter highway ...

All this and more on Quirks & Quarks,  Saturday right after the noon
news on Radio One.

Bob McDonald
Host
____