E-mail message

Sender: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx From: janorfolk@xxxxxxxxx
(John Norfolk) Date: Sat, Mar 27, 2004, 7:30pm (EST-3) To:
swprograms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [Swprograms] Radio Budapest A04
Reply to: swprograms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Shortwave programming
discussion)
As of 0310 UT March 28 Radio Budapest has yet to post its A04 frequency
schedule on their English page, but they have on their German page!
Sommersendeplan von Radio Budapest 28. März bis 31. Oktober 2004.
(UTC) English only:
01.00-01.30 Mo-So 9590 kHz englisch/Nordamrika 02.30-03.00 Mo-So 9790
kHz englisch/Nordamerika 19.00-19.30 Mo-So 3975 6025 11720 kHz englisch
21.00-21.30 Mo-So 6025 11830 kHz englisch
>From their English Service page:
Hungarian Radio's foreign service in English
If you want to find out about modern day Hungary, you may have problems.
Very few newspapers or television channels carry regular reports on
Hungary. Which, as we would like to show you, is a great shame. Hungary
may be a small country with only ten million people, but it's one that
really punches its weight. Just look at a list of Nobel prize winners.
Or read a history of the computer. Or who helped
develop Windows 95. You'll find a staggering number of Hungarian names.
Even more remarkable are the number of Hungarian musicians who have made
it big. There was a time when it seemed that all the great American
orchestras had a Hungarian standing in front of them, waving
a stick. But Hungary has been lucky because it has preserved a unique
folk culture, which unlike many others, has pretty much survived into
the late twentieth century.
Added to this the intricate and fascinating political changes going on
here since the end of the Iron Curtain, and it all adds up to an
irresistible blend.
So, why not let Radio Budapest be your daily window on our complex
country?
Mondays through Thursdays, make sure you tune into Hungary Today, our
lively current affairs news and cultural magazine. We also broadcast a
number of supplementary programmes concentrating on a current topic
in greater depth.
If you are a short-wave radio amateur, then make a note in your diaries
to listen to DX Corner, the show we dedicate to the technically-minded
and especially to you DX-ers out there. [That's on Fridays/UT Saturdays
to North America at about :22 after the start of the transmission.]
Monthly programmes:
Europe Unlimited - tracking Hungary's integration into the European
Union in the field of politics, the economy, sport, music and the arts.
Spotlight - Radio Budapest turns the spot on events and people worth of
attention.
And if Radio Budapest has whet your appetite for things Hungarian, and
you find yourself ringing your travel agent, do tune into our travel
show, Heading for Hungary, which let's you know about interesting things
to see and do when you arrive.
... And the Gatepost --- replies to questions, remarks, concerns, etc.
found in letters, e-mails or faxes from our listeners. All this mixed
with music requested by listeners. DX Mix is now also part of ... And
the Gatepost.
This then, is our basic schedule. But programme ideas from our listeners
are more than welcome.
So, why not join us? If you can't visit, remember that these days,
Hungary is only a twist of a radio dial, or a few taps on a computer
keyboard, away!
Publicity: Advertisements considered. Terms arranged mutually.
For more information: Radio Budapest, H-1800, Budapest, Hungary Bródy
Sándor utca 5-7.
Tel: 36 1 328-7224, 36 1 328-8328
Fax: 36 1 328-8517
E-mail: english@xxxxxxxxxxxx