[Swprograms] Radio Budapest A04

As of 0310 UT March 28 Radio Budapest has yet to post its
A04 frequency schedule on their English page, but they have on their
German page!

Sommersendeplan von Radio Budapest 28. März bis 31. Oktober 2004.
(UTC) English only:

01.00-01.30 Mo-So 9590 kHz englisch/Nordamrika
02.30-03.00 Mo-So 9790 kHz englisch/Nordamerika
19.00-19.30 Mo-So 3975 6025 11720 kHz englisch
21.00-21.30 Mo-So 6025 11830 kHz englisch

>From their English Service page:

Hungarian Radio's foreign service in English

If you want to find out about modern day Hungary, you may have
problems. Very few newspapers or television channels carry regular
reports on Hungary. Which, as we would like to show you, is a great
shame. Hungary may be a small country with only ten million people,
but it's one that really punches its weight. Just look at a list of
Nobel prize winners. Or read a history of the computer. Or who helped

develop Windows 95. You'll find a staggering number of Hungarian
names.

Even more remarkable are the number of Hungarian musicians who have
made it big. There was a time when it seemed that all the great
American orchestras had a Hungarian standing in front of them, waving

a stick. But Hungary has been lucky because it has preserved a unique

folk culture, which unlike many others, has pretty much survived into

the late twentieth century.

Added to this the intricate and fascinating political changes going
on here since the end of the Iron Curtain, and it all adds up to an
irresistible blend.

So, why not let Radio Budapest be your daily window on our complex
country?

Mondays through Thursdays, make sure you tune into Hungary Today, our

lively current affairs news and cultural magazine. We also broadcast
a number of supplementary programmes concentrating on a current topic

in greater depth.

If you are a short-wave radio amateur, then make a note in your
diaries to listen to DX Corner, the show we dedicate to the
technically-minded and especially to you DX-ers out there. [That's
on Fridays/UT Saturdays to North America at about :22 after the
start of the transmission.]

Monthly programmes:

Europe Unlimited - tracking Hungary's integration into the European
Union in the field of politics, the economy, sport, music and the
arts.

Spotlight - Radio Budapest turns the spot on events and people worth
of attention.

And if Radio Budapest has whet your appetite for things Hungarian,
and you find yourself ringing your travel agent, do tune into our
travel show, Heading for Hungary, which let's you know about
interesting things to see and do when you arrive.

... And the Gatepost --- replies to questions, remarks, concerns,
etc. found in letters, e-mails or faxes from our listeners. All this
mixed with music requested by listeners. DX Mix is now also part of
... And the Gatepost.

This then, is our basic schedule. But programme ideas from our
listeners are more than welcome.

So, why not join us? If you can't visit, remember that these days,
Hungary is only a twist of a radio dial, or a few taps on a computer
keyboard, away!

Publicity: Advertisements considered. Terms arranged mutually.

For more information: Radio Budapest, H-1800, Budapest, Hungary
Bródy Sándor utca 5-7.
Tel: 36 1 328-7224, 36 1 328-8328
Fax: 36 1 328-8517

E-mail: english@xxxxxxxxxxxx