Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] 594 India into central USA?

I remember way back in 1969, living in Northern NJ, using a Hammarlund
HQ-100 ( single conversion ) and a
short wire antenna from about 30 miles west of NYC. Tuning around one
evening I noted a het on 1421. I played with it a bit and got audio. In
German. Back then Saar was on 1421. Thought I had my first TA.  In a
roundabout way, I did, because it was almost certainly some sort of an
image from SW. What are the odds ???

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NW Phila
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>

AM: Modified Sony ICF2010's (2) barefoot w/whip
FM: Yamaha T-80 & T-85, each w/ Conrad RDS Decoder;
Onkyo T-450RDS; Tecsun PL-310 ( 2);
modified Sony ICF2010 w/APS9B @ 15';
Grundig G8 w/whip; modified Sony ICF2010 w/whip