[IRCA] Redding Swap

I read in the latest Broadcasting Information column that another frequency swap has taken place, this time in Redding CA. KNRO is now 1400 khz and KQMS has moved to 1670. BOTH have been logged down here at the opposite end of the state. I believe KQMS (then 1400) was on a DX test. Guess I'll have to log both on their new frequencies now, which is appropriate since the brand new Sangean DT-160 ultralight that I ordered from Amazon should arrive by Labor Day weekend. (The same rig that Dennis Gibson posted an article on right here a couple weeks back). Other changes in and around CA of course include the format change back to standards on KMZT 1260. I see KPSI 920 in Palm Springs is silent (at least for the time being). KDES occupied that frequency for years. KWXY 1340 in Cathedral City is silent again. They seem to flip back and forth between beautiful music and talk. Pat Martin, Bob Wien, and I all visited their site a few years back. 'Quite a dramatic sight.  2 more days and we will be back into the months with "R"'s in them again, or what we affectionately refer to as the DX Season! I hope everybody has a happy and safe labor day weekend, and the same for those attending the Kansas City Convention this year. (Try to hit some of those barbecue places in town, hi). 73  MS