[IRCA] CKSL 1410 London, ONTARIO Update……..

Well…it's Adios Amoeba for CKSL……..They are no more!!

Last night about 2330 EDT I fired up the Sony SRF-T615 Ultralight and tuned in to 1410 to hear their spectacular Sign-off!!

They were playing the Comedy Feed with no LIVE Talk at all. I figured just before Midnight someone would come on the air and say something like…"Thank You London fort tuning into CKSL for the past 60 years…..we're sorry we have to leave the air and hope you have enjoyed listening to us over the Years".

Instead the sign-off was……….

"Live Comedy Skits up to Midnight…then precisely at Midnight somebody pulled the Power Cord and they were Gone!! No Carrier…No Goodbye, No Nothin'"!!!!

Pretty sad exit for a 60 year Old Station…….I'm 60 too….and I hope I go out with a Bigger Bang than that when it's time!! HHAHAHHAHA.

Anyways….once the power Cord was yanked..I noticed that there actually was life UNDER CKSL!!!

I logged 1 NEW STN on 1410 Khz before cashing in for the night. I'll do some more listening and see what I can dig out. I don't have the Wellbrook Loop back out on the deck yet…and probably won't hook it back up til I get home from Alaska around the 11th of Sept……

I heard several stations on 1400 Khz as well…so I should be able to dig a few out of that, especially with the ULR as I have heard exactly ZERO Stations on 1400 with the ULR.  We'll see what I can find when I'm not so tired, and can also check Sunset/Sunrise times…..even Daytime might yield something??

73………ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

RECEIVER………..SONY SRF-T615 Ultralight BAREFOOT

TOTAL ULR Stations now heard………….1107 Stations

Here's the NEW ONE…….

1410  CJWI  Montreal, QUEBEC  Aug/15/16  0020 EDT   CREOLE/FRENCH  VG
French/Creole Pop Music and Vocals 0020-24 EDT. Male DJ with Creole FF Talk
@ 0024 EDT. More Creole Pop Music and FF Talk between Songs.  In/Out swapping
with WING with ESPN Programming. Mention of Montreal on Hour.

Heard after my Local - AM 1410 London went SILENT forever @ Midnight!!

NEW STN            ULR # 1107 Heard                  10 kW
ROSS, ON.
1410  CKSL  London, ONTARIO  Aug/14/16   2345 EDT     EE    EXC
Comedy Programming in progress with Comedy Skits. IDs as "FUNNY 1410".
At exactly 0000 EDT they went OFF THE AIR forever!! No Sign-Off, No ID and
cut the Power in Mid sentence of a Comedy Skit!

This opens up 1410 Khz as well as 1400 Graveyard Channel and 1420 Khz
for future DX for me!!

RELOG           10 kW
ROSS, ON.