[IRCA] Slightly OT - Oregon Cliffs and other stuff on video

This post was inspired by the recent DXpedition reports from Oregon coast and may be of interest to a few of the folks on the list.

There's a program produced by Oregon Public Broadcasting called "Oregon Revealed: Coastal Wonder" with spectacular footage of the cliffs, beaches, and other natural features of the Oregon Coast. Most if not all of the footage was shot from a helicopter, so it provides views seldom seen. Offshore scenes of waves crashing onto cliffs and rocks are quite plentiful, as are inland views of coastal forests and communities. The show starts at Astoria on the Washington border and ends at Brookings, near the California border and was filmed in a single day.

Unfortunately, I discovered it by accident on one of my local PBS stations a few days agoi so I missed the first part, which might have shown some of Gary's favorite DX sites.

It doesn't seem to be available on DVD or downloadable video yet, but a YouTube interview with the director includes some typical scenes from the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NTXe2fs8vA Viewers in Oregon can apparently see it again on OPB on August 27. Those elsewhere will need to check withe their local PBS station.

Who knows, maybe it will help someone find new DX site. At the very least, it may provide a lesson in Oregon Coastal Geology.

Bruce