Re: [IRCA] Alliance Urges FCC to Reconsider Protection Proposals

WHAT A HOOT!  "Fix AM...OH...but don't go QUITE that far in fixing it"  <g>

Now that the FCC is considering "revitalizing AM" by adding the sacred cows to the mix (the 1-As), the entrenched interests are up in arms.

"Fix things...but Not In My Back Yard."

Old-timers are reminded of the fierce lobbying of the "Clear-Channel Broadcasting Service" in the 60's; even the arguments are the same: "Don't kill Clear-Channel Broadcasting; we need it for National Defense, weather alerts" etc. etc. I doubt there are more than a half-dozen 50-kilowatt 1-As who try to service their entire protected-coverage areas.

Cheers!

Mark Durenberger

-----Original Message----- From: Dennis Gibson

http://www.radioworld.com/article/alliance-urges-fcc-to-reconsider-protection-proposals/278493