From: "Nick Hall-Patch" <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 3:47:13 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 3" and 2" FSL Tecsun PL-380 Models-- 1575-VOA Reception A/B Comparison

I think I hear just a little less signal strength
on the 2"FSL Gary, but very impressive
indeed. Â Now, if there actually is a little less
signal, maybe the CC Skywave would handle it? (Do
I recall it folds under the onslaught of the 3" FSL?)

best wishes,

Nick

At 09:02 26-03-16, Gary Âwrote:
>For those interested, the exact same 33 second
>long signal of 1575-VOA was recorded on both a
>3" FSL Tecsun PL-380 model and a 2" FSL model
>yesterday morning during the Thailand station's
>powerfulà fade in at 1341 UTC. The two models
>were separated by about 25 feet so that there
>would be no interaction, and both of them were
>set up 4 feet high above the ground. This signal
>was recorded on the original 3" FSL Tecsun
>PL-380 model (with 8 of the Russian surplus
>100mm ferrite bars)
>https://app.box.com/s/p050mbvxpxqdq9gho2ylmclcicksvetf
>This signal was recorded on the new 2" FSL
>Tecsun PL-380 model (with 5 of the same bars)
>https://app.box.com/s/0yd9vd7hdv336uu9sgtzbugeynyfmaw7 Â73, Gary DeBock

Kansas City, September 9 to 11. ÂHotel space is filling up.
Registration info:
http://www.nrcdxas.org