[IRCA] TP 24 Mar Victoria version

This time, I'll vote more with Bruce than with Gary, must have been on the edge of some absorption to the north. It wasn't lousy, it just wasn't yesterday, hi. The odd one was 1386, which wasn't NHK2, seemed very unlikely to be R. Tarana, or indeed, anything else that I've heard about.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly):

828 JOBB Chinese lessons 1353UT
972 HLCA man in Korean  1350UT
1566 HLAZ Japanese sign on "FEBC desu" by man and nice H-L-A-Zeto ID, "Nihongo hoso" ("Japanese language broadcast"; wonderfully efficient language, Japanese)

Reasonable audio at times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

558 HLQH tentative with soft vocal music and erratic fades 1343UT
774 JOUB Chinese lessons 1357UT; 747 on the other hand was mostly quite poor
1566 HLAZ man in Chinese 1409UT; also noted at this level 1222-3UT with man in Chinese, was fading down when Japanese broadcast started at full bore 1230UT

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be understood by a native speaker:

567 man and woman in Japanese //594 1335UT
1053 Korean jammer 1338UT
1386 unID. Slow music, electronic organ on string setting?, strengthening to this level as piano started 1352UT, then faded down as man and woman started talking in a slow, measured fashion, almost like "special English", to the point where I can imagine "5 o'clock in the morning" by an American voice just before the hour. Not //774, and I am at a bit of a loss, unless Hawaiians are being assigned 9 kHz frequencies now.

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music)

612 JOLK  man talking Japanese //594 1349UT
738 jazzy pop music 1316UT
945 man talking 1333UT, Chinese intonation
981 man talking 1312UT, Chinese intonation
1107 man mumbling 1342UT
1242 man talking, maybe Japanese, 1354UT
1548 man talking 1355UT, too much splash to guess  language

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary" audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter)

531 585 702 819  837 909 1098 1116 1143 1269  1377 1422 1575

best wishes,

Nick