[IRCA] HDSDR - distorted recordings - and good TA conditions last night

Last night (March 15th - around 5-6 UTC) there was a great TA MW opening which I've seen several times during post-auroral conditions (often is short lived for only 30-60 minutes)

So I tried to record it with HDSDR and my QS1R at the 1562500 sample rate.

Unfortunately when I reviewed these recordings they were systematically distorted. You could hear the strongest stations, but the noise floor was much higher and there were spurious products all over the dial. For instance, there would be a spurious signal every roughly 2 khz above the 10 khz channels. It was like the radio was overloaded or when I put the noise blanker on max setting and everything distorts.

So I did some tests and it looks like I can only record up to 625,000 sample rate without distortion (which unfortunately isn't enough for the entire MW dial).

Do any other radios have this problem? If so is there a possible cure for HDSDR?

I've got a very fast cpu 4670k (overclocked to 4.4 ghz), a solid state drive, and 16 GB RAM. So the computer should be able to handle it, but maybe it hit a limit? CPU runs at around 18% when recording (and running HDSDR in superwide mode with a waterfall).

I can record a large sample rate with SDRMax IV (the custom QS1R software) - but that software's recording and playback features are unfriendly and the noiseblanker isn't as effective.

Aaron
QS1R, two Wellbrook loops, Philadelphia PA