Re: [IRCA] VACTROL build parts list -

FYI: Believe it or not, you can buy the Vactrol thru Amazon!

Mark Durenberger

-----Original Message----- From: Sylvain Naud
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 12:57 AM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] VACTROL build parts list -

As I also have my own experience with vactrols, I thought the following
might be some interest if I may. I had a K9AY loop working for some
years here which was terminated with a vactrol, a VTL5C4 actually
http://www.quebecdx.com/vactrol.pdf

I remember that the antenna wasn't as performing as the Beverages for TA
MWDX for instance but it was a very quiet antenna nevertheless. One day,
during a great TA opening, I've got great result on this antenna
especially with former Denmark Radio on 1062 KHz.

Here's a recording where I deliberately played with the vactrol at the
beginning in order to demonstrate how I could get rid of IBOC hiss,
probably coming from WTIC at that time (actually on Sept 11 2010 at
04;00 UTC http://www.quebecdx.com/1062_dnk_k9ay.mp3

And as a coincidence, I remember having bought the vactrols over the
Internet from a BC vendor ;)

Sylvain Naud
Portneuf,QC