Re: [IRCA] EXPERIENCE WITH LARGE LOOPS

THANKS so much for all of the constructive input! The idea of super-sized loops in the desert is great...except for the probability of wind issues at this time of year.

I s'pect we'll settle on something practical, keeping in mind Nick's comment; will let you know. Right now the thinking is to do an octagonal loop using fiberglass rods sprouting from a hex-hub spreader, along with some good vertical support.

How large?  Depends on how crazy we get...

Cheers!

Mark Durenberger
On The Road Again

-----Original Message----- From: Nick Hall-Patch

The quick answer is....use whatever size loop is convenient
Mark.    You might lose a few dB in overall signal strength, but
signal to noise won't change, and I suspect you have plenty of gain
to spare in your receiver.      On the other hand, 60' circumference
(not radius or diameter, hi) shouldn't be that big to put up in the
desert.