[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, February 12-18, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page44

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; ICR-75Â E-W longwire; FRG-7 with NW-SE shortwire

** MEXICO. 540, Feb 18 at 0625 UT, rock song in English, ``Cuarenta Principales`` interjected into song during a brief pause in lyrix, and again a minute later plus some other DJ comment. I would find this extremely annoying if I were enjoying the music, which I almost am; 0628 to a duet in Spanish. It`s XEWA in San LuÃs PotosÃ, dominant now instead of XETX in Chihuahua, and forget about CBK. Still I doubt they are running 150 kW as listed (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 680, Feb 18 at 1300 UT, starting local newscast about Sinaloa with activities of PAN party, i.e. XEORO, Guasave, 1/0.5 kW. No problem from KNBR or KKYX yet (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 800, Feb 18 at 1303 UT, paean to Papa Francisco who just visited JuÃrez, from XEROK, holding own by skywave at right angle to groundwave from KQCV OKC (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 840, Feb 17 at 0536 UT, WHAS has a heavy 6 Hz SAH, but can`t hear any other audio. Wonder what that could be? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 860, Feb 17 at 0532 UT, romantic music in Spanish from south is dominant, no problem from eastward KKOW, in somewhat auroral conditions; 0602 choral Mexican NA, 0606 ID as Radio Recuerdo, i.e. XENL Monterrey NL, 5/1.5 kW (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---