[IRCA] 1500 Mystery *probably* not WBRI HOWEVER.....

Howdy,

I have been skimming over the emails concerning the mystery station on
1500.  Yes, it could be a daytimer so I decided to listen to my local WBRI
(Indianapolis) to see if it may be the one.  Their Feb. sign off time is
1815.

So at 1815, in one of their half hour Rel programs, the signal dropped.  I
said dropped, right?  Strangely the station remained on, but just at about
20% of what it had been.  WBRI is a Daytimer and I do not recall having any
kind of PSSA or EVER using one.  A few months ago, I parked on 1500 to see
if they s/off with an announcement or what and at 1730, they went
completely off, mid word (pun intended).

So: Could they be legally on at 1830?  1845?  I'll keep checking on this
radio to see if they ever go off.  Could it be, since they are not supposed
to be on after 1815, maybe the feed goes nuts and starts putting out odd
noises?  Stay tuned!

73,
Dave in Indy