[IRCA] Stations on 1710 KHz

Despite checking the frequency on a nearly nightly basis for years, I can honestly say that Iâve yet to log any station on 1710 KHz. This includes pirates, TIS stations, etc.

To my knowledge only one TIS station is authorized to broadcast here, which I believe to be
WQFG689 <http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseLocSum.jsp?licKey=2826342> in Hudson County, New Jersey <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_County,_New_Jersey>
Iâve seen lots of reports of pirates broadcasting on this frequency, but have never logged anything. Wondering if other DXâers in the Southeast have had similar results or is it just me?

Please let me know what stations you hear regularly on 1710Khz, legal or otherwise and your location. Iâm eager to compare notes. Thanks.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
Marlene, AL
EM63nf

Member WTFDA, IRCA, NRC. Former CPC Chairman for NRC & IRCA.