[IRCA] Slightly OT - the longevity of cassette tape

I am just getting around to digitizing some 20+ hours of tapes from the
70's and 80's -
Mostly station ID's, medium wave DX and lots of SW stations (now defunct of
course...)

And it never ceases to amaze me the longevity of cassette -

Reel to reel tape is a little different - somewhat older technology and
whichever glue they use
to bind the magnetic ferrite media to the mylar often degrades over time.

My oldest tapes are from 1975 and they sound pretty much as recorded -- but
with some "print through"
on the occasional section.

--
Colin Newell - Editor and creator *of *Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> and DXer.ca <http://www.DXer.ca> -