Re: [IRCA] Drake R8

Sorry to hear about your misinformation with UPS. They lose things very rarely. I sure hope they find it, but I am glad that John did insure it for $800. You can find another, but you may need to send it off to get John to tune that one up too. I sent mine to Drake in 2011 and the diodes were going bad and the sensitivity got so bad that weak stations I could no longer hear during the day like KODL-1440-The Dalles, OR, yet I could hear KODL on the SPR4 and the R1000. The R8 I bought new in 1992 and used it a lot for many years. I cannot complain. It works better than  ever now. But I need to get rid of my local noise.

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager