Re: [IRCA] Drake R8

Yikes! I was under the impression that Drake were no longer servicing
receivers -- that said, it might only be in Canada...

What was the issue with the receiver?

I only have one bug with mine currently that I need to address - and that
is, if it is powered off for a few hours
and then turned on, for the 1st 1/2 hour while it "warms" up, the audio
cuts out when I turn the TONE control fully counter clockwise.

Likely just a capacitor that is leaking.

And yup - $800 will buy you a nice used Drake R8.

--
Colin Newell - Editor and creator *of *Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> and DXer.ca <http://www.DXer.ca> -