Re: [IRCA] Is KTIQ 1660 Merced CA really Anvictio?

--- Begin Message ---
** U S A. The latest X-band list under NORTH AMERICA in DXLD 16-03, originating from Tony King, in New Zealand DX Times, besides putting CJRS on 1660 instead of 1650, as Terry Krueger points out, includes:

1660
KTIQ Merced CA SS. Slogan âRadio Anvictioâ [*** see discussion below]

And I also find ``Anvictio`` on some other X-band listings --- are they copying each other? So I also post this to several MW DX groups:

*** Anvictio is a very strange word, not Spanish, maybe Latin? It exists on the internet only in DX lists of X-band stations, for KTIQ. Also in the NRC AM Log. Search engines suggest it might have meant Invicta, and so do I. Maybe ``Anvictio`` results from someone`s original misheard log? Streema.com calls it ``Al Centro De Avivamiento Amistad Cristiana``. Possibly it is a proper name or a made-up word KTIQ applies to itself. If anyone can hear the station clearly, or has a QSL in print, please enlighten us. Glenn Hauser

Roundup of replies [posted to all the same lists, so everyone will get to see everything about this]:

You can listen to their stream here. http://www.amistad1660.com/main.htm

I heard them huge a few years ago via sunset skip (when E-W cx were much better than today's typical AU cx) and the slogan was "Radio Amistad Cristiana". 73 KAZ Barrington IL (Neil Kazaross, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

KAZ, tnx for the website, which radio-locator knows nothing about. No, I can`t, the listen link
http://victormuniz2.serverroom.us:9046/listen.pls
goes to Server Not Found.

Certainly nothing about Anvictio on the site, but Amistad Cristiana (c) 2006 so could be quite outdated now (Glenn Hauser, ibid.)

Here from their owner's site.
http://www.radiolineup.com/stations/KTIQ-AM
(KAZ, ibid.)

Not the owner, but an aggregator: still no Anvictio (gh, DXLD)

Try the stream here.
http://www.amistadcristianamodesto.com/
I can't listen at work (Kaz, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

That funxions on Flash, praise music and gospel-huxtering in Spanish. On that stream, live preacher runs way over 1700 UT Jan 26, pure insanity. Finally ID at 1708 ONLY for two FM stations, 93.7? and 103 something, Radio Amistad Cristiana, NOT Radio BendiciÃn, not same ID as on Mauricio`s clip below. Is this really the same ``station``? Or program name vs station name? (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Glenn, I'm believing this is an old or inaccurate log. KTIQ-1660 seems to be streaming in SS as Radio BendiciÃn out of Merced.
http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Bendicion-1660-s18812/

Their Facebook page seems to be here:
Se requiere un control de seguridad
https://es-es.facebook.com/RadioBendicion1660AM
(Bill [who? `mediumwavedx`], ABDX via DXLD)

The licensee of KTIQ is Mapleton Communications. A search in Tunein
gives as result:
http://tunein.com/radio/stations/Mapleton-Communications-a38504/

and a search for "KTIQ":
http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Bendicion-1660-s18812/
more links:
http://casadeoracionstockton.com/radio-bendicion/
https://www.facebook.com/RadioBendicion1660AM/
So "Radio BendiciÃn" seems to be the actual name.

Yes, it is Radio BendiciÃn. The attached clip contains somementions recorded at 1900Z.
http://www.w4uvh.net/ktiq.mp3
73! (Mauricio Molano, Salamanca, ESPAÃA - SPAIN
RX site:  Aldea del Cano, CÃceres.
LAT:  39Â17'09.70 N    LONG: 6Â19'00 W
RX: PERSEUS.   ANT: WELLBROOK ALA1530S+
http://moladx.blogspot.com/ MWC yg via DXLD)

On his clip, clear IDs in English for: ``KTIQ, Merced, 1660-AM; K289CB, Los BaÃos, 105.7 FM; KEXA King City-Salinas, 93.9 FM`` and then some mentions of ``Radio BendiciÃn`` (gh)

0200 GMT January 23, ID for KTIQ and simulcast FM in Los BaÃos, but no mention of Anvictio. Before ID, at about 0150, ad for event on Broadway in nearby Atwater. Grundig g4000a, an200 loop (Steve Kamp, Sacramento CA, Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App, HCDX via DXLD)

My original Google search on Anvictio also led to this X-band list containing it:
http://www.angelfire.com/mb/exband/
but no doubt as a result of this discussion, it was updated Jan 22 replacing that with Radio Amistad Cristiana for KTIQ.

This source as of Jan 28 still shows Anvictio eighth line from bottom:
http://www.tapiokalmi.net/dx/koje/koje6.html
kHz Grp KOJE USA Update 28FEB2015                 Source
1660-1 KTIQ Merced CA Slogan to "Radio Anvictio." NRC
(Glenn Hauser, UT Jan 29, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---