[IRCA] Back to the drawing board for BETA IRCA site

The (free and open source) content management software
that I have been using for the new IRCA site (Wordpress) does not support
a community forum and file management (and member management)
that lives up to my expectations - so I am going to scrap this
concept and move on to something that is based on "Joomla" -
currently the Planet's most popular "portal" style content management
software (also free and open source...)

The deal breaker with Wordpress was the lack of "forum" software
that allowed an easy organization of discussion and the easy ability to
upload media like MP3 files and photos. Without these features any
new IRCA website would be, in my opinion, lame - and could not grow into
the future.

The other issue with Wordpress is the level of monetization that has taken
place -
with "free" software plugins with dozens of costly add-ons to make the base
software do what it's supposed to do.

Anyway - I would like to thank everyone for their participation in this leg
of the project - for their opinions and first hand experiences with a new
website.

I will start in on something new today and in the next couple of days will
have the framework up for a completely new (and better) web experience.

73 and good DX everyone!

--

*Colin Newell is the Editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> - Coffee.bc.ca <http://Coffee.bc.ca> and