Re: [IRCA] Audacity editing problem

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I have incorporated some, and am working this through. I think for whatever reason it is affecting FM recordings, and not AM, or at least not noticeably, and I think I noticed  something that may have been going on longer, and that I noticed it because of a clip that had static on it and a sudden burst of sound - from a meteor scatter clip I saved. I am not convinced it's happening to the same degree on all clips, and I'm experimenting around. Colin, I will in a day or so take you up on your offer to listen to a clip of a local, especially if I don't resolve things to my satisfaction first. I seem to be OK with AM clips. I would likely benefit by finding and reading an Audacity tutorial and/or manual, because I am winging it in minimalist fashion.

Thanks, again!
Saul Chernos
Burnt River ON