Re: [IRCA] [dxld] BBN AM 1280 & BBC AM 1160 Bermuda

--- Begin Message ---
** BERMUDA. Hello Glenn, I have a contact there, and he has given me
updates on the radio scene in BDA --- which really does not change
much. I wish I knew him in 2005 when I visited.

All I can tell you at this time, about ZBM 89.1, is that they have
jettisoned the talk shows*, and are called Ocean 89. As you may know,
they can be heard online via bermudabroadcasting dot com or their
sister station's site, power95 dot bm

I heard them once this year as E-skip, but I highly doubt I will hear
any other FM's from there, due to all others either being adjacents to
HD stations, or co-channel to locals.

AM 1280 which is // bbnradio dot org, is the sole AM station left
there, to my knowledge. In fact I was told that there was a SS station
battling it there, about a week ago. I told him that it was likely
either WADO in NYC or WCMN in PR which really is getting out lately.
1450 AM Gold was a great station. The seasoned folk don't have much to
listen to there, as far as secular music, outside of Magic 102.7 (not
WMXJ here) which also streams.

*Everest deCosta, a talk host who I called on air in 2009 for which I
have a recording, has retired, likely due to the shake-up. BTW from
what I hear, they aren't changing at all, at night; same satellite AC
as they have had for 20 years. What they are trying to accomplish in
the day, I haven't a clue. The music is, to me, nondescript. Sincerely
(Christopher Dunne, FL, Nov 18, WORLD OF RADIO 1800, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)