[IRCA] DX 11/17

Our power was off from about 4-8:30p PST on Tuesday. Also off were (1) KKMO-1360 (1 mile away) and (2) a whole lot of electrical noise.

Of note (PST):
1230 KCUP Toledo, OR w/ID at 8p. I believe they hyphenated during the ID with âToledo-Newportâ and that they went in to Fox News. New.
1250 Kâ Seattle. Now with Indian (Punjabi?) music but most of the ads and announcements are in English. Donât know if they have changed calls yet. Of note only because it sounded like they were on night pattern around 6:30p but at 7 they were definitely on day pattern. This is one of those quirky grandfathered-in arrangements where they are supposed to go on night pattern at sunset but can go back to 5kw non-DA at 9pm local. I guess the presumption is that KWSU has no Western Washington listeners after 9pm.
1510  KSFN Piedmont CA around 7:30p presumed but it didnât sound like Mandarin. Perhaps a dialect. Not a lot of juice in this direction. No sign of KGA.

Nothing stood out on the usually blocked 1350-1370. Maybe next time!

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n
HQ180 & ICF2010