Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 11-6

Mark touches on something very dear to my heart that I have been thinking about a lot lately:

A.) it has been decades since I have enjoyed occasional reception from Central and South America from Victoria B.C. With far less sophisticated receivers and antennas.
Why is that? (And I am likely over simplifying this...)

B.) I want to hear them again or understand why I am not hearing them now.

I think, as Nick has observed in the past, is that:
1.) they are there and
2.) you need to be diligent, creative and patient... Because:

- it's not like TP DX which is largely "shooting fish in a barrel" because it is... And

- you have to deal with all that stuff between you and the DX - where ever it might be.

I'll always remember my first XE in 1972 and my first international DX in 1973 after I stopped convincing myself that it wasn't possible.
..
.. To be continued...

Colin Newell - CoffeeCrew.com - VA7WWV - Victoria - BC