[IRCA] AM-BCB DX…ELAD Captures 3 NEW STNS including 1280 DELAWARE!

Hi Guys:

  I'm having lots of Fun digging low powered stuff out from the ELAD Recordings. I am constantly amazed at what can be heard on the Recordings that would certainly be missed if I was LIVE DXing. Very weak stations can be heard on the ELAD that would be passed by otherwise. Being able to replay multiple times sure helps too!!!

3 More NEW STATIONS heard from the Sept/19 to Sept/21 Recordings including a New Graveyarder and a Lower Powered DELAWARE Station on a Frequency which is adjacent to one of my Locals!

RECEIVER……………………..ELAD FDM-S2

ANTENNA…………………….100 Foot Longwire

AM BCB TOTALS are now………1610 Stations Logged

73……………ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

1240  WDNE  Elkins, WEST VIRGINIA   Sept/19/15  0559 EDT     EE    FAIR
ID by Male DJ @ 0559 EDT as "1240 WDNE - A West Virginia Radio Corporation
Station. For 65 Years, The Voice of Randolph County". Into News.

NEW STN       GRAVEYARDER # 165                 1 kW
ROSS, ON.
1360  WOEN  Olean, NEW YORK  Sept/19/15   2359 EDT    EE   FAIR
Male DJ with ID @ 2359 EDT as "WOEN 1360 AM Olean and WGGO 1590
Salamanca". Into CBS News @ 0000.

NEW STN                 1 kW/30 Watts
ROSS, ON.
1280  WSFD  Seaford, DELAWARE   Sept/21/15  2159 EDT    EE    GOOD
Male DJ with ID @ 2159 EDT as "1280 AM WJWK Seaford-Salzburg?? and 96.3
W242AV Seaford-Laurel. The NEW ??? 1280 AM and 96.3 FM". Into GOSPEL Music
@ 2200 EDT.

Apparently they switched from WJWK Calls to WSFD some time in Sept??? Not sure
when they switched, but as of Sept/21 they were still IDing as WJWK.

Heard on Adjacent Frequency to one of my Locals on 1290 Khz.
Not sure which power they were using…but either way is a Good Catch!!

NEW STN                       840/211 Watts
ROSS, ON.